Saturday, October 25, 2008

For Starters

For the longest time it has been getting to me.
The fact that a person with any kind of celebrity, be it an actor, singer, comedian or anything that allows them a way to express what they think to the masses, feels it is their duty to tell me what they think about all things political.

There are a lot of famous people who know better. I'm sure there are a lot of (or at least a few) people I pay good money to (for them to entertain me) who would just piss me off if I knew that they think the Constitution of the U.S. should be used as toilet paper. The difference between them and say, Ben Affleck or Tina Fey is they know better then to piss where they eat.

Then there are the people like Al Frankin or Michael Moore who's job (for lack of a better word) it is to tell us what they think. They, at least, are not pulling the bait and switch by making a very funny comedy show (like Family Guy) but slipping in jabs here and there (all in the name of comedy) to tell us that the way we think is crap and we need to think like them.

So I wanted to start a blog. I mean everyone has a blog. It's kind of like an open letter to the world. This one is going to be mainly my own personal list of people and organizations that are, in my opinion, stepping out of bounds.

I'm going to start with Tina Fey.
I love her work. She is very talented. I just wish she would stop telling me how much she disdains Sarah Palin. She thinks that since Governor Palin doesn't talk like her or any of her friends, that it is funny. To some degree she's right. It is a little humorous. I mean even I have made fun of the way people from other parts of the country/world talk, just as I have been poked fun of for the way I talk. When I was in the Navy, I was surprised to find out that I have an accent. I never thought of it before, but I guess I do.
The first time I saw Ms. Fey's impersonation of Gov. Palin, I loved it. It was spot on and funny. However, Tina made the mistake of being interviewed about what she thinks. So now when I see her do Gov. Palin, all I see is an elitist making fun of a country bumpkin.

To keep things short, I'm going to stop this post here. I just want to add some other names of people that I am going to boycott. I may get to specifics in the future, but for now here are just some names.

Tina Fey
Ben Affleck
Seth McFarland
Charlie Sheen (his dad too but I don't think he does anything anymore)

No comments: